Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Waiting

Just a quick update...


I had no idea how nerve-wracking waiting could be. When I was having issues before I was 19 and my mom was still shouldering most of the information and details about my care. I don't remember the waiting for the scans or the cath or the surgery being as anxiety-provoking. 


All I know is that Cardio is anticipating a fight with insurance to get the Cardiac CT approved. This particular CT is not really a diagnostic tool in my case but hopefully Cardio can spin it so that it is approved by insurance.

Waiting for that is so anxiety-provoking. I just want to have a date set for the scan so we can have the scan done and get answers as to what is going on and see if I need to be on meds for the decreased left ventricular function. My guess is that since I am not symptomatic,that I will not be put on meds and we'll just keep a close eye on it.

Oh and if ONE more person asks if I need a transplant,I may lose it. I am already scared and the idea of a transplant scares me to death. Sheree,Ashlea & Katie A, I am not talking about you guys. 

Right now I just need prayers,positive vibes,hugs and love from everyone. I am going to need you all as I embark on this unchartered territory.

Tomorrow I should receive a copy of my echo results so after I make sense of those I'll probably write a blog post about them as well.

Heart hugs and much love to all of my faithful readers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this- especially for a CT scan.. such a useful tool. I'll check back for the echo results. Praying for you and as always, thinking of you. xo

    ReplyDelete