Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nightmares

I never really had nightmares as a child.At least not ones that were connected in any way to my CHD's.When I was recovering from surgeries at ages 12 and 19 I had what were called "Fentanyl Nightmares" They were vivd and horrific.My grandmother said that when I was on Fentanyl I even scared her.

When I was 12,one of the nightmares I had involved two of my classmates who were following this faceless guy down a dark alley and I remember screaming at them not to go.I said "Don't go with him.Please!" But they went anyway and I saw their limp and bloodied bodies a short time later.

When I was 19,these dreams were even scarier. One nightmare in particular scared the living hell out of me.I was lying face down in a doorway with the taste of blood in my mouth and this girl screaming at me "You sick bitch,you raped my sister."I was so scared and I remember waking up in a cold sweat and I was shaking so badly I couldn't stop.

So heart parents if your kids are ever on Fentanyl after surgery,you should expect them to have this type of reaction.Scary vivd nightmares that scare even you.You should also know that these won't last and once Fentanyl is completely out of your child's system he or she will go back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this ... because I have had night terrors from the time I was a little child ... they were CHD related ... so glad you are informing parents of how scary these medications make their children act!! <3

    ReplyDelete