Friday, March 4, 2011

My Letter to my CHD Family who I have met on Facebook

Dear CHD Family

 First of all, I want to say thank you. Thank you for allowing me to share in your successes and failures,joys and sorrows.Trust has always been a big issue for me so being allowed in to so many people's lives so willingly feels amazing. Knowing that people care about me is a great feeling. Especially given that the majority of you I have never met and yet you still trust me.

I thought I was done being in the CHD community. I wondered why I should even bother.I didn't think I had anything to offer to CHD parents. I figured I was done with surgeries and other invasive procedures so I didn't think I could get anything out of being involved in the CHD community.But I was wrong.My job now is to offer support to those who are just beginning their heart journey. I want to be there,emotionally,physically for those families who are embarking on both the scary and unknown.

I also have to thank several of the CHD Angel parents who have opened their hearts and have loved me so much despite the pain they are experiencing every day.They are truly inspirational to me and I can only hope I can be half the woman that these women are. I can only hope I find the kind of partner that many of these Angel Mommies have.

Thank you to the parents for allowing me to share in your children's journey's.Thank you Angel parents for sharing your angels with me. I know I have been told that CHD parents are blessed to know me,but they are wrong. I am blessed to know them. Their friendship and their love has meant more to me than they'll ever know.

Thank you to my fellow adult CHDer's. I love you all so much. You are my sisters and brothers. We share a kind of bond that our heart healthy siblings cannot understand though they may try to.

Thank you all for your love.Thank you all for your friendship and thank you all for your support

<3

Alexia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. My daughter Kate has Restrictive Cardiomyopathy is currently waiting for a new heart. You can read about our story at
    www.murphy216.blogspot.com
    Heart Hugs!
    Amiee

    ReplyDelete