Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Relief

When I got the news on June 14th I just felt a flood of relief. Tears streamed down my face and I thanked a God that I'm still not even sure exists. My niece did not have some crazy GI disease.She simply had a milk protein allergy.That was something that was much easier to deal with.

I had never felt so relieved in my life. I had been so scared for about a week while we waited for the biopsy results.I had armed myself with lists of information.I had stayed up into the wee hours of the morning doing research after research.Looking at all sorts of things.

When I got the results my first thought was relief but my second thought was that I had wasted a lot of time doing a ton of research.But then I quickly snapped out of that thinking because I knew that all the research I had done was not a waste of time.If my niece had been diagnosed with this GI disease I would have been a VIA (Very Informed Aunt)

Even though I have not had the chance to meet my niece yet,I know that she knows how loved she is by everyone in our family. I know how relieved we all are that things turned out in the best possible way.



First family picture.Just looking at this makes me smile. I love you three!

No comments:

Post a Comment