Sunday, January 22, 2012

Freaky Symptoms

In July of 2011 I was sicker than a dog. I had gastroenteritis as well as trochanteric (sp?) bursitis in my hip. Now my hips are already screwy due to the Congenital Hip Dysplasia but they usually don't cause me pain. Well with the trochanteric bursitis I experienced a LOT of pain. I was on pain pills before and after steroid shots were administered and I had pretty much no appetite for a month. I really didn't get any sleep for at least 2 weeks.

So when the new semester started in August and I was still fatigued,I assumed that it was just leftover from being sick for a month.As time went on I was still fatigued. By then I attributed the fatigue to taking 5 classes. I hoped that Winter Break would be a nice restful time where I could catch up on sleep.

Well it's now Mid January and I am still feeling fatigued in addition to a decrease in energy. I had to go to my new Primary Care doctor for a follow up (Something I had put off for awhile because I was stressed with school & then really fatigued) I told my doctor what I was feeling and then suggested that she order a CBC and a Thyroid panel. She agreed and also added B12 labs. She said that anytime someone comes in with the symptoms I am experiencing the first logical step is to run the labs that she ordered for me to check for anemia and possible thyroid issues.

Last night (or rather this morning) I woke up with a killer headache and my heart was pounding. Not racing,just pounding. I was really sweaty too (though that could be because I was under 3 blankets) It took about an hour for my pounding heart to calm down.

Hopefully the labs reveal something because I am so tired of being fatigued and having no energy. If the labs don't reveal anything I'll bring these symptoms up to my cardiologist when I go see him on the 31st and see what he suggests/advises.

No comments:

Post a Comment