Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rediscovering Me

Rumors are ugly and mean spirited and a big part of why I have taken a step back from the heart community. Make no mistake,I love all of the heart families that I have grown to know,but this...hiatus if you will was long overdue. In the past I had said that I was going to take a break and my breaks never lasted long at all.

When I realized that I was losing me,was when I knew I needed to take a break. 25 months ago I jumped in wholeheartedly (no pun intended) into the heart community.I offered advice (when asked) I shared my experience and I was there whenever anyone needed to chat. I was there so much for others that I forgot to take care of me. I am a daughter,sister,niece,aunt,granddaughter,woman and friend before anything else. 

Yes I do have a heart problem but I am much more than that.In fact I don't think about my heart stuff much at all.Maybe that's because I am doing so well.Maybe it's because it was such an open topic when I was little. I'm just not sure. 

I'm only on my 2nd day of my self imposed hiatus and I have to say I am more relaxed and I'm returning to the things that I loved to do before I got sucked into the online heart community. I've even discovered a new passion. I love being in the kitchen. Cooking or baking is incredibly relaxing and it allows me to get lost in what I am doing. I usually have music going as well so that really gets me going. I am going to try to do a new thing in the kitchen at least every other day.

I don't know how long I'll be away from the online community. I just know that right now I am rediscovering passions and reexamining priorities in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment